Managing Redundancies – 60-page eBook
If it’s not a genuine redundancy, it’s unfair dismissal… If you run a business or manage people, chances are you’ll have to implement a redundancy at some point – but you need to be careful. Not only does the choice you make affect the life and livelihood of the employee involved, it can also be a treacherous legal area if you don’t go about things the right way. That’s why it’s essential that you’re fully aware of your employees’ entitlements and that you understand the many workplace laws that apply when it comes to redundancies and retrenchment.
By treating the issue with sensitivity and good strategy, you can lessen the impact on your employees and protect your business from costly legal disputes. And now, there’s a simple way you can do this… To help guide you through the process of redundancy and retrenchment, Portner Press have developed the 60-page eBook Managing Redundancies which clearly explains your rights and obligations as well as those of your employees.
Managing Redundancies contains everything you need to know about implementing a redundancy effectively, fairly and legally – with the least possible impact on your business and staff.
Here are just a few of the topics it covers:
- How to identify the different types of redundancies
- How to implement a redundancy effectively - in 7 decisive steps
- How to reduce the impact of retrenchment
- How to make flexible contractual provisions and prevent triggering a redundancy
- How to determine when redeployment is reasonable
- How to determine if you can relocate an employee
- A simple 4-step guide to changing a role without triggering a redundancy
- How to give a notice of retrenchment and meet your legal requirements
- And plenty more…
The laws relating to redundancies can be tricky and need to be fully understood before you go down this path. Managing Redundancies is written specifically to help you avoid potential disputes and ensure the best possible outcome for you and your employees.
Written by the team behind the Employment Law Practical Handbook published by Portner Press.
We Also Recommend
Redundancy and Retrenchment Bundle - 1 eBook + 8 Documents