The Parental Leave Guide – 27-page eBook
When it comes to parental leave, different employees have different entitlements depending on their circumstances, so understanding all your obligations can get a little complicated! This 27-page eBook has been developed to clearly explain the current legislation regarding parental leave for Australian employees. It is easy to understand and will help you to minimise the impact of parental leave on your workplace while still providing fair and appropriate support to your employees.
Here is just some of the practical advice you’ll find in The Parental Leave Guide:
- How to determine which type of parental leave your employees are entitled to
- How to calculate continuous service for the purpose of parental leave
- 2 steps to determining whether a casual employee is eligible for parental leave
- How to determine when your employee’s parental leave should start
- 6 different ways a couple may take concurrent parental leave
- The Paid Parental Leave scheme explained and the criteria employees must meet to be eligible
- How to determine who is eligible for the Dad and Partner Pay scheme
- A guide to the processes you must follow when an employee’s role changes during parental leave
- How to make sure you keep proper parental leave records
- And plenty more…
In any employment relationship in Australia, an employee can expect the opportunity to take time off to care for a new child. The Parental Leave Guide will help you understand your obligations, your employees’ entitlements and the best way to achieve a fair and productive outcome for your business.
Written by the team behind the Employment Law Practical Handbook published by Portner Press.
We Also Recommend
Leave Accrual & Entitlements Essentials